Practical Billionairess

How to outfit yourself as a Billionairess for Billionaires for Bush actions!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Biarritz

Billionaires for Bush is a satirical, do-it-yourself campaign using humor, media and street theater to expose politicians who support the corporate elite at the expense of everyday Americans. "Billionaires For WealthCare" is its most recent manifestation, darlings. The Boston Chapter is currently in resurrection mode.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

The Fabulous Coat!

The next big problem I faced was my coat. After trying on my gowns at the thrift emporium, I examined the coat rack there. They had quite an assortment of coats, including a lovely faux fur coat which was, alas, too small. There were also some fine wool coats there. For a moment, I considered buying a wool coat and dressing it up with diamonds from a craft store. Small cellophane packets of diamonds are available for a mere $1.79 at my local crafts store and a glue called “Goop” does wonders for affixing diamonds to wool. Ultimately, I decided against all the home crafts nonsense and to just buy a fur! After all, fur is how we billionaires show our splendor!

With that in mind, I found a lovely soft grey faux fur on ebay. Perfect! And I only paid $20.00 with the shipping and handling! I also bought another, more Margaret Dumont-esque faux sable fur coat with a gorgeous stand-up collar for a mere $32 dollars with shipping.

Having the two radically different styles of coats may mean that I have a split personae, but I can afford to live with that! Stay tuned for more adventures, darling! I still have to get my hat, jewels, shoes and gloves!

0 Comments:

<< Home