Practical Billionairess

How to outfit yourself as a Billionairess for Billionaires for Bush actions!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Biarritz

Billionaires for Bush is a satirical, do-it-yourself campaign using humor, media and street theater to expose politicians who support the corporate elite at the expense of everyday Americans. "Billionaires For WealthCare" is its most recent manifestation, darlings. The Boston Chapter is currently in resurrection mode.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Special Report: Staying Warm and Dry, Billionairess-style!

It is winter in New England, so the weather is simply dreadful! If it's not snowing, it's raining and if it's not raining, there is record wind-chill! What is a billionairess to do when she must take action for hours outdoors?

It's easy, darling! Wear long underwear, wear layers and wear faux fur! If it's raining and you don't have a fur which reverses to a raincoat, find an appropriate umbrella! One of mine is iridescent magenta trimmed with diamonds - very luxe!

The key to staying comfortable is to wear layers. For example, when I went to Boston Common on December 12, the temperature was ~45 degrees and the wind was blowing at about 10-15 mph. I wore long underwear, a knit jumper and my gown under my fur coat. As you can see from the photos, I was so warm that I kept the coat open! On December 18th, the temperature was only about 35 degrees, so I wore essentially the same outfit with the addition of my new faux fur hat. I was sweating!

Rain is a special problem, since so many raincoats lack that je ne sais quoi that a Billionairess demands. But don't despair! There are things you can do! First, if it is raining, wear a gown with a straight skirt. It's also best to wear a gown that does not touch the ground, since water will travel up long skirts by capillary action. I wear a straight cut gown which fits under my posh umbrella and try to stay under its protection. Of course, you can always recruit four gorgeous young men to hold a large waterproof canopy over your head. Sadly, I have been unable to do that yet. Sigh.